How we market and sell your home:
1. Curb Appeal
The curb appeal of your home is the first impression of it. It is by far the top selling feature. We will provide you with competent landscapers’ advice and services if necessary, who will guide and help you create an attractive, comfortable environment for your front and backyard. The appeal of a soothing outdoor space after a long day of work strikes an emotional chord with prospective buyers.
2. Home Staging
The power of professionally staging a home before putting it on the market cannot be stressed enough. Buying a home is an emotional event. A well staged home sells 3 times faster. Professional staging enables buyers to see the full potential of the home and to evaluate space much more precisely. We employ a professional stager, who will advise you on how to declutter areas in your home, rearrange furniture and belongings, bring some additional decorative items if necessary, or fully stage a vacant home.
3. Professional Photography/ Virtual Tours
We use the services of a professional photographer who utilizes high definition camera with wide angles to capture the fool room and size, employs HDR techniques to lend true to the eye view of your home interior, give you a visual edge over the competition and attract more prospective Buyers.
The Virtual and Aerial video Tours allow Buyers to view your home and neighborhood regardless of their location.
4. Coming Soon Marketing
The marketing of your home starts as soon as One Metro Place and the homeowner have formed a partnership. While together, we are getting your home ready to be listed, we advertise the property as Coming Soon to agents and prospective Buyers on FMLS, Zillow, realtor.com, and OneMetroPlace.com.
4. Just Listed Cards
The day your home is officially listed in FMLS, we send out Just Listed Cards to the residents in your community and invite them to share the listing with family, friends and acquaintances.
5. Individual Listing Website With Lead Capture
We create an individual website with lead capture for each of our listings and encourage you to share it on your social media platforms to complement our marketing on social media. All digital marketing is mobile device friendly.
6. Marketing The Neighborhood And The Area Your Home Is Located In
Buyers, especially those new to the area, want to know what your neighborhood offers, what the ranking of the schools are, the proximity to shopping, restaurants, parks and public transportation. We feel that information about the area should be readily available and provide truthful and immediate answer to all buyers’ questions. We put together this information for all our listings, and enable buyers to make smart decisions.
Now that your home is on the market, it will be shown by agents. Please keep all doors and blinds open and the lights on. Believe it or not, a house with closed doors is uninviting and can be downright scary.
8. Open House
Open houses are effective when properly advertised and conducted. We start the advertising a week earlier on FMLS, Zillow, realtor.com, our website, the website of the property, FB, Pinterest and, send flyers to all residents in the community (you will be surprised how many friends they have that want to move to the neighborhood). We bring the signs and balloons the evening before, provide refreshments and, play soft music.
10. Offer Negotiation
After all previous steps have been properly executed, an offer on your property will be received soon. This is where the negotiation skills of One Metro Place agents shine.
First, your agent will ensure that the buyer is qualified to purchase your home before starting the negotiations by contacting buyer’s lender. The importance of this step cannot be emphasized enough, as contracts often fall through due to buyer’s inability to obtain a loan.
Once the buyer’s solvency is established, the offer negotiations begin. Expert negotiations are defined by arriving at meeting of the minds which makes both, Sellers and Buyers, happy. Our testament to this is with our past clients. Ask us for references.
11. Steps After Contract Is Signed
- Inspection: once the contract is signed, the buyer has the right to perform an inspection of your home. The inspection is usually conducted within the Due Diligence Period specified in the contract. Any requests for concessions and repairs are based on the inspection of your home performed by a Georgia licensed inspector and paid for by the Buyer.
- Appraisal: The buyer’s ability to obtain the loan is based on the appraisal of your home, which is ordered by the lender within the financing contingency period specified in the contract. If the house appraises for less than the contracted price, the buyer has the right, but is not obligated, to terminate the contract, provided that they are willing and have the funds to finance the difference from the appraisal and the contracted price; or Sellers may agree, but are not obligated, to renegotiate the contracted price.
- Lender Commitment Letter: Your agent will obtain a commitment letter from buyer’s lender that the loan has been approved within the financing contingency period specified in the contract.
- Settlement Statement: All parties should receive a settlement statement at least one day before the closing. Your agent will review the statement with you to ensure the numbers are correct and there are no discrepancies.
- Buyer’s Final Walk Through: Usually a day before the closing, buyers and their agents will conduct a final walk-through to ensure that the property is in the same condition as of the date the offer was submitted and all negotiated repairs have been properly executed. Your agent will have submitted receipts for all repairs stipulated in the contract by that time.
The closing will take place at a Real Estate Attorney’s office agreed upon in the contract. You have the option of attending the closing and signing all the documents; or you can have the closing attorney overnight the documents to an address of your choice, sign following the closing attorney’s instructions and overnight the packet back to the attorney by the closing date specified in the contract. Once all parties sign the closing documents, you can request the closing attorney to issue a check with the proceeds or have the funds wired to an account of your choice.
Congratulations! Your home has been sold and you are ready to move on with your future plans. If your plans include the purchasing of another home in the same city, or in the city where you are relocating, One Metro Place is there to help and offer you rewards.
And don’t forget, we will ask for your references and referrals.
Your referrals are the only acknowledgement for the quality service we provide.
We save the marketing dollars for One Metro Place to reward YOU!